All Together Now: Building Support for Projects and Change Initiatives
Today’s project managers are at the forefront of change in their organizations. They implement new technologies, lead process improvement efforts, reduce business costs, and enable innovation. All of these activities have significant change-management components to them. Yet only 7 percent of IT leaders are confident in their change management skills, according to CIO’s 2007 State of the CIO research.
In this interactive change leadership workshop, we discuss what it takes to lead projects successfully in the context of your company. We identify the behaviors of successful change leaders and the practices that they employ to help their projects succeed. We explore methods for managing resistance to change and for developing change leaders. Participants take away:
- Increased understanding of what it takes to help people change
- The role of the project manager in change leadership
- The costs of not paying attention to people during a project
- PM practices that can help project stakeholders adjust to change and embrace a new solution
- Assessment of current project manager strengths and areas for improvement
- An action plan for applying change leadership best practices in their projects
Becoming a Change Leader (Yes, You!): What You Need to Lead Your Organization To Achieve Change Goals
The statistics on change are dismal. McKinsey Quarterly reported that only 38% of leaders believed their recent transformation effort was better than somewhat successful. And the project success rates (coming in on time, within budget, and to scope) are lower than anyone would like. Clearly, there’s room for improvement. In this engaging, participatory session, participants learn what it takes to become successful change leaders. Specifically, participants learn:
- The one approach that makes a change initiative 10 times more likely to succeed.
- The six methods of creating change in organizations.
- How leaders can use the six methods to help create change.
- How leaders can choose the best fit for their projects or initiatives.
Participants leave with new ideas, techniques, and an action plan for becoming more effective change leaders.
“Excellent session. Great information, structured well, excellent and entertaining presentation style. Real take away value.” – Participant
“Excellent session – exceeded expectations. Great combo of engaging delivery and actionable content.” – Participant
“Best session on change I’ve ever attended.” – Participant
- Download the Becoming a Change Leader Overview.
- To schedule a workshop in your organization, contact Laura Kangas at 508.574.1672 or contact us electronically: