Networks are more powerful than hierarchies and more resilient than corporations. They allow swift adaptation to change, creativity, and learning. And, luckily, they exist in every organization and alliance.
Most leaders, however, neglect their networks and, instead, continue to lead as if their organizations are machines and their people are cogs within them. Those leaders miss out on a powerful lever for change and productivity.
We help leaders channel the strength and adaptability of networks in order to help their organizations grow, change, and achieve ambitious strategies.
Featured Articles & Tools
Listen to Maya talk about insights hidden in organization networks on Dawna Jones’ podcast.
Read our strategy+business article “What You Can Learn from Your Employee Networks.”
Read our People + Strategy article “From Regional to Global: Using a Network Strategy to Align a Multinational Organization.”
|Read our CIO article, “People Problems in the Human Network.”|
As work teams grow more complex and diverse, members are challenged to connect across differences in geography, language, personality, and expertise. Teams can accomplish impressive feats when collaborating effectively. When they fail to collaborate, work can fall through the cracks, organizations can miss opportunities, and goals can suffer.
We help organizations overcome collaboration challenges. We assess the state of collaboration, teach skills, coach leaders, and develop initiatives designed to create coherent, high functioning organizations.
Contact us to learn how you can develop collaboration skills in your organization.
Organization Network Analysis
A web-based organization network analysis reveals how organization members collaborate, draw on others’ expertise, and solve problems. The results are displayed in colorful visual maps that reveal patterns across departments, organization levels, and geographies. They answer questions like:
- Impact: What kind of impact are communities of practice, departments, and organizations having on innovation, problem solving, and performance?
- Collaboration: How well connected and collaborative are staffers?
- Knowledge: Where does knowledge flow freely and where is it blocked?
- Leadership Imperatives: What does the organizational network need from its leaders and how can they provide it?
- Talent: Where are the hidden subject matter experts, influencers, and informal leaders?
Specialized services include:
- Employee Network Assessment – Discover the impact that practice centers, diversity networks, and communities of practice have on performance. Common clients: Women’s Leadership Networks, Project Manager Communities of Practice.
- Leadership Network Assessment – Understand the strengths and gaps in leaders’ networks. Common clients: VPs of organizations seeking to increase synergy and knowledge sharing between areas, Directors leading strategic change initiatives.
Read more about Organization Network Analysis.
Contact us to learn how you can develop high-functioning networks in your organization.
Professional Development Workshops
Most people have no idea how to think strategically about their professional networks. They don’t understand the assets or gaps in their networks. Furthermore, they don’t know how to act strategically in order to optimize their networks. We offer live and virtual workshops that help participants learn how to build, sustain, and leverage networks strategically and systematically.
Download our Smarter Networking live workshop and Smarter Networking virtual workshop overviews.
Network Strategy Development
Identify and implement the types of networks your company needs to be successful.
Leadership Network Development
Design and develop the leadership relationships that your company needs to thrive.
Contact us to learn how you can develop networking and collaboration skills in your organization.
We’ve launched a new website, The New Networking, to address all issues related to networking: tips for introverts, strategies for special situations, online workshops, and ebooks.