- This event has passed.
Deep Democracy Foundations (CoResolve): November 16-18, 2022
November 16, 2022 @ 8:00 am - November 18, 2022 @ 5:00 pm EST$850 – $1350
Deep Democracy, developed in post-apartheid South Africa, offers a robust methodology and tools for helping address tension and conflict practically and effectively. The hands-on, practice-based 2.5-day online course teaches techniques that can be applied immediately to work with groups and individuals.
The Lewis Method of Deep Democracy was developed by Myrna and Greg Lewis, psychologists who were asked to help a large South African company work through the legacy of apartheid. They developed the method, which they taught to over one thousand people in three years. Today, Myrna continues to teach, practice, and spread the Deep Democracy methodology around the globe. (Greg passed away several years ago.)
The Lewis Method of Deep Democracy welcomes differences in opinion, perspective, and style. It provides structured, focused methods for helping people hear the messages in the communication, regardless of the method of delivery, and explore differences in ways that are productive and respectful. Deep Democracy gives people tools that can help them facilitate tough conversations and achieve resolution.
- Develop skills for steering conversations and make lasting decisions
- Learn how to head off polarization and help groups engage productively with conflict
- Gain tools for healing interpersonal rifts that impede team effectiveness
- Increase the capacity to achieve real commitment and engagement through participation
Times & Locations: The workshop will be held over three days.
- November 16: 9 – 12 and 1 – 4 Eastern Time
- November 17: 9 – 12 and 1 – 4 Eastern Time
- November 18: 9 – 12 Eastern Time
Please note that if all participants are located in the US, we can start each morning at 10 am ET and each afternoon at 2 pm ET to make it easier for West Coast attendees.
The number of participants will be limited to eight so all have the chance to practice.