- This event has passed.
Energy Action Network (Vermont): Enabling Fragmented Parts of a System to Collaborate Toward a Bold Shared Goal
December 13, 2013 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm EST$20.00
We’ll hear the story from two experienced “network weavers” who have been deeply involved in the process:
- Jennifer Berman, formerly the Executive Director of Maverick Lloyd Foundation, the founding funder, will share how EAN used systems mapping and convenings to build trust, and agreement on common goals and commitment to joint action.
- Andi Colnes, Executive Director of EAN, will share how a collaborative network structure was created and how it works, as well as the successes and challenges EAN has experienced along the way.
The EAN story will serve as the spring board for conversations exploring leadership skills and processes for enabling diverse organizations to align their work for greater impact, including:
- What it takes to get people fragmented parts of a system to the table and create alignment around a vision
- How to create the context for “a-ha” moments that enable people to work together in new ways
- How to cultivate shared leadership in a decentralized structure where people can own the work and move forward with it
- How to use a network to add value and deliver outcomes and action
Beth Tener, Principal of New Directions Collaborative and Maya Townsend of Partnering Resources will help facilitate this gathering.