- This event has passed.
Smarter Networking Virtual Learning Series
October 20, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$397
Hate networking? You’re not alone. Many of us shudder to think about walking into a room of people we don’t know and swapping business cards. Luckily, this kind of networking, designed for extroverts and sales people, represents only the tip of the iceberg. There are many more ways to build and sustain the connections you need—ways that suit your style and needs.
In this three-module, web-based program, you’ll go beyond the myths and misconceptions to learn what really works. You’ll learn how to build and maintain the connections you need to be successful. You’ll leave with practical tools, easy actions, and the skills you need to systematically and strategically build, maintain, and benefit from your networks.
In Module 1, A New Way of Networking, learn what works for high performers including the seven shifts that produce remarkable results. Create your own balanced personal support system by populating the four types of networks everyone needs and save yourself the frustration of juggling your entire network.
In Module 2, Mapping Your Network, learn how to assess and see your network’s strengths and challenges. Uncover simple actions that pack a punch and get you further, faster.
In Module 3, Optimizing Your Network, learn to create new connections, amplify your existing relationships and seek support from your network. Design a clear roadmap for strategic, effective networking so you’ll have a trusted path to follow to get the results you want.
Optional Small Group Coaching Sessions with the instructor are offered between modules. Participants can attend as needed to ask questions and troubleshoot networking issues.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to build networks in a smart, strategic way that benefits them, their projects, and their organizations.
Past Participants Say
The workshop’s structure provided a coherent, elegant progression of relevant insights that translated themselves easily into practical action steps.
The activities were feasible within timeline, valuable, added to personal interaction with the course.
The information was presented with an elegant coherence. Fit together well. Beautifully organized.
Concise, timely, well-sequenced.
I now have the power to make change.
Who Should Participate
Smarter Networking is designed for people who need to get a better handle on their network for leadership, project management, sales, marketing, business development, or other purposes. Specifically, the program is especially helpful for anyone who is:
- Overwhelmed by the number of contacts they have.
- Unsure about how to engage their networks effectively.
- Responsible for influencing others without having direct authority over them.
- New to their position and eager to build the relationships they need to be successful in their new role.
- Responsible for building connections across organizations.
- Focused on weaving and supporting relationships to support the public good.
- Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Team Leads, Project Managers, Sales Representatives, Entrepreneurs, Consultants, Service Providers and anyone on the front lines of community and social good.
Participants Learn How To…
- Understand networking in a different way — based on research — that busts myths and provides the foundation for a sustainable practice.
- Take a strategic view of the strengths and gaps within your network.
- Identify how to use your network strategically to help achieve individual, project and organizational goals.
- Create a detailed, precise action plan for filling gaps and leveraging network strengths.
What Participants Receive
- Three live interactive online learning sessions leading you through network data collection, mapping, analysis and action planning
- Option to attend small group coaching sessions with your Instructor in-between the live learning sessions
- A Goal Setting Workbook on the science behind networks, networking tips and tricks and network practices of high performers
- A personalized action plan for taking advantage of network strengths and filling network gaps
October 20, November 3, & November 17, 2017 from 1 – 2:30 EST
PLUS Optional Group Coaching on October 25, November 7, & November 29 from 1 – 2:30 EST
About the Instructor
Maya Townsend went from hiding in the corner at networking events to leading a company (Partnering Resources) that helps individuals, teams and organizations thrive in our networked world. Using the science underlying human relationships and networks, she uncovers sound, practical methods for making soft skills generate hard results. Maya’s clients include BASF, Bayer, eCopy, Fidelity Investments, Hanover Insurance Group, Intel, MIT, McKesson, NASA, and the National Braille Press. She’s co-editor of Handbook for Strategic HR: Best Practices in Organization Development, from the OD Network, author of many articles and blogger at Complex Collaboration & Change. Her presentations are commonly lauded by participants as “best in conference.” In her free time, she diligently hones her chocolate tasting skills.
How to Sign Up
Visit the Smarter Networking website at https://www.ladonnacoy.com/store/whyLxr5B. Sign up by October 9 and use coupon SN-2017 to save $40 on the cost of the learning series.
Sponsored by 7th Generation Labs & Partnering Resources.